Saturday, April 18, 2009

S.M.A

Okay so in the past week I've been diagnosed with- Superior Mesesnteric Artery (Superior mesenteric artery syndrome is a rare and controversial form of upper intestinal obstruction in which the third part of the duodenum is compressed by the overlying superior mesenteric artery. Any disease process decreasing the angle between the superior mesenteric artery and the abdominal aorta can result in the external compression of the duodenum and subsequent intestinal obstruction. The aetiology, presentation, investigation and management of this unusual condition are discussed.) Dumping Syndrome (Dumping syndrome is a group of symptoms most likely to develop most if you've had surgery to remove all or part of your stomach, or if your stomach has been surgically bypassed to help lose weight. Also called rapid gastric emptying, dumping syndrome occurs when the undigested contents of your stomach are transported or "dumped" into your small intestine too rapidly. Common symptoms include abdominal cramps and nausea.

Most people with dumping syndrome experience symptoms soon after eating. In others, they may occur one to three hours after eating, and can range from mild to severe.

Most often, you'll find that dumping syndrome improves on its own without medical treatment or after adjusting your diet. In more-serious cases of dumping syndrome, you may need medications or surgery.), Clinical Depression, and Anxiety attacks. Hmm all in one week and I just feel like crap. A normal person with either one of the two stomach problem mentioned above would have a NJ tube placed, I already have a PICC line, and my Dr would like to me to have an NJ tube also but doesn't want to kick me while I'm down. Nice right. This week has been very tough for me. Mainly emotionally. I want so bad to believe that I will go off to Bible college in the fall, but logically I know its most likely not gonna happen. And my mom isn't helping either, when I told her she said "so you're just giving up?" and thats not the case! I don't want to go 1000 miles away and get sick, the Drs at PCMC know me and until I'm healthy I just don't think I should go so far away. So today you could say I'm really discouraged. When will my turn be over? I'm tired of feeling like a burden, of people saying they're "tired" of me being sick, I just feel like going up to people and saying walk a day in my shoes and you will be more then happy its me thats sick. I know in the end I will be fine, that I get to go to heaven and spend eternity with Jesus healthy and happy. But today I feel like crap. Crap crap crap.

No comments: