Saturday, August 28, 2010

Well. . .

Sorry for the lack of posts. It's been pretty crazy here. I'm all settled in to my dorm. Not too sure about the roomie... Work in progress....

Oh and I wanted to thank "Management" for posting for me. As the internet at college resets itself too often to publish a post... I've lost a few long posts because of this. . .
College is good. I'm becoming very good friends with an already friend Meghan. We have great fun together. :)

Classes are crazy. I'm taking, Abnormal Psych, English, Phlebotomy, and Drawing. All of which I'm excited about. Kinda weird, all my Teachers are female. Not bad. Just weird. Last year was mainly male. So it's a change. My schedule is pretty open. Except Tuesdays and Thursdays, on which I have class pretty much from 1-9pm. And then on Monday and Wednesday I have one class at 11am that gets over around noon. And Friday-Sunday I have off. SO this weekend I came home.

Okay, this post is going to be all over the place. Sorry. I have a lot to recap. It won't really be in any order either. Just there.

Last Saturday I went on a hike. It was around 6 miles round trip. Really fun. We hiked up to a lake and had a picnic and hung out. Heard some good preaching. All the stuff Baptists do. Well, on the way down. Maybe a mile into it. I had stayed back with J and her three yearold so she didn't have to walk alone. As the three year old has short legs. We came to a scary bridge. I should have taken pictures. I made it across carrying Wookie. Get to the end go to get off 'cause J was about to me carrying her little man,. Well I jump off maybe 5 inches. Hit a rock and hurt my foot. Well then I had to make a choice. sit in the woods all alone or walk the remaining 2 miles. So I walked the rest of the way down the mountain. Got to the van. and bout died from the pain. The other Church group we were with had an ice pack. I was so thankful!!! Okay. Sounds painful enough right there right? Well SUnday for check in at College I was on crutches. Went to change in to some shorts so had taken the shoe off the none hurt foot. Made it about a foot caught my pinky toe on the none hurt foot on the crutch. It's broken. Purple and broken. Great. To top it off. Have I ever mentioned how easily I bruise? Like a peach. By the time I got back to my dorm Sunday night My underarms and ribs were purple. I could hardly move. I had this icy hot roll on stuff so I used it. Burning. Horrible burning. I read the back. "A transient burning may occur open application on skin, if so it usually disappears in several DAYS." Okay. I wasn't uncomfortable enough to begin with right?

So I've been taking 600mgs of ibprofen around the clock since Saturday. Well except today because we don'
t have any in the house. I am in so much pain and my foot is huge.It's tearing up my stomach though.. I have been in so much pain from taking it. But can't walk much if I don't. Catch 22.

So I'm no longer on any stomach meds. Just vitamins. . . It's been nice. I'll explain that more later.

I Had so much fun Skydiving. But that deserves its own post. :)




No comments: