Monday, August 31, 2009

Pleurisy

Yes. Yes. I really am a nightmare. I spent Saturday night in the ER, the one here in town :O! I was in so much pain I didn't care where we went. I just needed to be relieved! I spent a good hour before we went writhing on the couch, it was awful. Well I actually was pleased with the outcome from the ER. N0rmally when I go in I don't come out with any answers, just a whole bunch of new medication. Well this time we got answers! I have Pleurisy. Pleurisy: Inflammation of the pleura, the linings surrounding the lungs. There are two layers of pleura; one covering the lung and the other covering the inner wall of the chest. These two layers are lubricated by pleural fluid. Pleurisy is frequently associated with a pleural effusion (the accumulation of extra fluid in the space between the two layers of pleura). Pleurisy causes a stabbing pain in the chest aggravated by breathing, chest tenderness, cough, and shortness of breath. Pleurisy can be caused by many conditions. Well while me having it is not good news. Knowing what the problem is, is great news.

I'm on a lot of pain medicine. It helps. But makes me feel yucky. So I've spent a lot of the time since we left the ER on the couch with a hot pack. I called out of work yesterday, but today decided to try it, I almost made it for half my shift, but my manager saw I wasn't feeling well and sent me home. So I've had so much needed rest and will try again tomorrow. I really am liking being back to work. It keeps me busy.
My only day offf this week is wednesday. I'm working friday night 10-6 at the nursing home. Then saturday going with my Church to Lagoon. Last time I went, was back when I was very depressed, and it just was not fun. Not to mention, I love to ride rides, ALL of them, well turns out after having all this medical stuff happen, I black out any time I go upside down. Takes out the fun of the ride. :(. Well I will try it again. Hope you all are well. I need to be getting to bed. I will blog again real soon *Gabs

No comments: