Thursday, August 27, 2009

Secrets

I hate secrets.
HATE them.
Everything about them.
I hate having to keep secrets.
I hate that everyone feels the need
to tell me their secrets.


I hate that I blabbed
I really shouldn't have.
I hate that
I'm so hard
on myself,
I really shouldn't be.

I do like,
writing like this.
It adds something.
to the nothing
I feel the need
to blog about.

Tonight,
tonight I'm hurting.
last night,
last night I bawled.
I bawled
when I read
these,
in an email
from a dear friend

"Courage Is" by The Strange FamiliarTake all my viscous words and turn them into something good take all my preconceptions and let the truth be understoodTake all my prized possessions and leave only what I needTake all my pieces of doubt and let me be what's underneathCourage is when you're afraid but you keep on moving anywayCourage is when you're in pain but you keep on living anywayWe all have excuses why living in fear something in us diesLike a bird with broken wings, its not how high he flies but the song he singsCourage is when you're afraid but you keep on moving anywayCourage is when you're in pain but you keep on living anywaykeep on living anywayIt's not how many times you've been knocked downIt's how many times you get back upCourage is when you've lost your way but you found your strength anywayCourage is when you're afraid Courage is when it all seems greyCourage is when you make a change and you keep on living anywayYou keep on moving anywayYou keep on giving anywayYou keep on loving anyway

the dear friend
told me
I am courage
i
don't believe her.
maybe I should.


All I know
is
right now
i'm hurting
a hurt
that needs a bandaid.
a bandaid
for my heart.
do you
happen to
have one?
*Gabby

No comments: