Thursday, April 1, 2010

Buttery Yum Goodness

So my FAVORITE hot drink lately is Hot buttered rum. Without the rum. So I call it buttery yum goodness. It's wonderful.

1lb butter
1 1/2 -2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2-2 cups white sugar
3/4 carton vanilla ice cream

Melt the butter over medium heat. Add both sugars. Stir well and remove for heat. Stir in ice cream. Put in freezer. When ready to serve just add the mix to HOT water to taste. I do one big spoonful.

If you are on a diet. I would not suggest this. It is straight fat! But oh is it delish! It's what's keeping my weight up right now.

I am what they call grumpy. I don't even want to be around me. It could be due to the fact that I spent 6+ straight hours doing algebra today. Or that I still have to write most of my Computers paper. Or that I still have probably 12+ more hours of math homework to do by Tuesday. And I have to work Sat-Mon. Or it could be that I can hardly swallow and have sores in my mouth. Or that the stupid stomach pain is back. Maybe it's because Troy is coming home tomorrow and I can't kiss him.

But, I have all the same things to BE happy about. I am blessed to live in a country where I can get an education. I am lucky that I am able to learn. I am privileged to have a job, when so many fellow americans are out of work. I am lucky that my current mouth issues are nothing serious. I am BEYOND BLESSED that Troy came HOME from the war as so many hero's haven't. *Ga5bby

No comments: