Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jonas

I haven't been able to sleep tonight. I went to bed around 2am. Laid there until 330am. Decided if I wasn't gonna sleep. I might as well get caught up on my blog reading. Now, my heart is heavy. When I was in the hospital, I had very good care. But there were about 5 people who really made an impact, I still keep in touch with all of them. One of whom is Whit. He was an amazing Tech. In college to become a nurse. He is married and has a little boy, Jonas. Jonas has what is called SMA I don't know a lot about it but from what I understand, his muscle shut down, little by little. It's terminal. They found this out when he was 6 weeks old. He is now 2 1/2. It's pretty amazing that Jonas is still here. Well when I went to check on them via their blog, I read this:
"Yesterday started out not to bad, but as the day went on it got worse and worse.
By about 5 o'clock the power had gone out and we were left in the dark.
The interesting thing is that not only did this storm pass outside, but through our lives as well.
I guess I should officially announce that we are expecting a baby in September.
A baby girl to be exact. And this baby girl will also have SMA."

My heart is broken for them. I've been crying since I read that. Praying for them. I don't know what I'm praying for. But I know that's what they need. I urge you to pray. Please Pray! http://www.coleman2family.blogspot.com/ here is the link to their blog. Go, read, get to know this family and their wonderful little boy. Please. Pray.

No comments: