Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hinds' Feet in High Places.

I just finished this book, Hinds' Feet in High Places By Hannah Hurnard. It was one of the best books I've ever read! It's about the journey to high places and everything we have to go through to get there. It puts so much of life into perspective, at least it did for me. It helped me understand the importance of going through the valleys of life. And all the different alters we need to build. It really made me understand the role the Pastor plays in ones life and how important a relationship with him and his wife is. Everyone has been telling me this and I really didn't understand it until I read this book. There was so much in there that I struggle with on a daily basis. Most everything in there I have struggled with at some point. God knows we aren't perfect. If we were we would be HIM. HE knows we will fall. HE even expects it. HE just wants us to call on HIM when we do. HE will come. There is no where we can fall, nothing we can do that HE can't reach down and pick us back up again. It was just a purely awesome book. And written in such a way that made it interesting to read. I could completely replay the book right here, but I think you should read it for yourself. I highly highly recommend it! 


I've discovered a love for Twizzlers. The Strawberry kind of course. I found some that are 16in long!! Yummy yummy. I Have just sat and ate them any time I sit near them lately. Just finished the last one. Bummer too. They were tasty. Even the cat thought so. He tore the bag open when I left it for like 2 seconds the other day. 


I need prayer. I've been struggling a lot lately. While that book did help tremendously, it only helped me understand the struggles and why I have to go through them. It didn't take them away. It's been a long couple of days. Like the kind of long where you take a shower just to have a moment by yourself to gather your thoughts and pray, by the end of it you are actually in a pretty good mood but as soon as you step out of the shower you slip of the freezing cold floor and reality all comes crashing back down with you. It's like from the second I open my eyes every morning I'm in the middle of a gruesome battle. Which I'm just in that valley right now, I'll get through it. It is just taking it's toll on me. Not sleeping much isn't helping either. I got 4 hours Sunday night and that was double or more what I had gotten for over 10 days straight. Last night I had no such luck. But again, just part of the valley. 


I started swim lessons with the 3 year old today. I'm really not sure who it wears out more. But, nonetheless it was fun and will be a good bonding experience. And hey who doesn't love a free visit to the hot tub? :) 




No comments: